A night of lessons with Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger discussed his life and career at a special Q&A in London on Saturday (November 15), but still found time to hand out some important advice to his fans.
Over the course of 90 minutes, you would be forgiven for thinking that Arnie had taken on a new career of motivational speaker with the amount of awesome life lessons he offered.
Here are just a handful of inspirational tips I took from the ultimate action hero from the ‘Evening With…’ event.
1. “The things that you learn in sports are so important, because I learnt that you have to work your butt off in order to be great in anything. You have to have a very clear vision and know exactly where you’re going. You can’t listen to the naysayers. You have to work in teams and learn to make sacrifices, and all these things you learn in sports.”
2. “Shoot for the stars, don’t go halfway.”
3. “The day is 24 hours, and you sleep six hours. So there’s 18 hours left. I know there’s some people who say that six hours isn’t enough, just sleep faster! You have 18 hours left, so you don’t have enough time to work out? You work eight hours, maybe? So you still have about 10 hours left to stay in shape.”
4. “I didn’t care about the pain, no matter what it takes. The only way you can break through and really break records, is if you’re able to go through those painful moments, where you have doubts and maybe you do fail or fall down.”
5. “The key thing is that you get up again. As soon as you fall, get up again, dust yourself off and do it again.”
6. “The difference between winners and losers is, that both winners and losers fall, but only the losers stay down. The winner always gets up.”
7. “You’ve got to keep going and push, and not be afraid of failure. How far can you fall? The ground. So get up, what’s the big deal. Don’t make fear be the obstacle that’s holding you back.”
Image by: Gage Skidmore